How to Become a Member:
In order to become a member of the Essex County branch, you must first register as a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society. Registration information can be found on the OGS website at http://www.ogs.on.ca/membership/join.php
To join any of the branches, there is an additional fee per branch as shown on the OGS registration form.
The Essex County Branch membership fee (2015) is:
$12.00 per individual
$15.00 per family
$12.00 per institution
Membership is for the calendar year. Those joining after October will receive a membership for the following year.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding questions on membership(s)
- Supporting the local volunteers in the development & preservation of documents
- Supporting Public Awareness / Education / Assistance activities
- Access to newsletters, meetings, conferences (unpublished resources)
- Research collaboration (ideas)
- Networking with other researchers & friends
- Assistance with the Family Puzzle (Brickwalls)
- Access to members Discussion Boards – “Priceless“
For more reasons to get involved read the interview of Shirley Sturdevant, President OGS 2012:
What can I do in the Members Only section of the OGS web site?
- attend Webinars
- view recordings of past webinars
- research using our Members Only databases
- visit the Members Only sites for your branches (Indexes are now being added)
- access the new Electronic Newsleaf
- read back issues of Families and e-Newsleaf
- post on the Member Message board
- ask questions or assist on the Technical Support Message Board
- link through to Pay Per View
- download Pedigree charts for use in your research
- view your member profile and update your contact information
- change your password should you need to
Changes to your mailing address, email address or telephone number? Be sure to let us know so that we cankeep you up-to-date !
Is Your Contact Info Correct?
Current member are encouraged to contact us with changes in mailing address and/or email address.
Essex County Branch & O.G.S., Calendar of events:
Calendar click here